Saturday, May 16, 2009

The end

In less than 24 hours I'll be home.

I pulled an all-nighter on Tuesday, but on Wednesday afternoon I went with the host family to Tivoli for a couple of hours, went on a few rides, etc. Promptly crashed by 9:30 and slept for like 12 hours. Then I had my last final on Thursday, which went okay I guess. Afterward I shopped for a little bit.

I met up with Anna and Caitlin on Friday early afternoon and we walked about the botanical gardens a bit, then split up, and as I had some time to kill before the closing ceremony thing, I decided to pay to go into Rosenborg Castle, which I had neglected to do. It houses the crown jewels, and a bunch of other cool stuff, and the throne room -- the Long Hall -- was pretty impressive.

Then I went over to the place for the closing ceremony, where we heard unecessary speeches, several of them (inlcuding those given by two DIS students) were painful to listen to due to their clichéd-ness. But that ended, and I headed home to (maybe) start packing. I did a little bit. But then we had dinner -- my host family gave me a charm-bracelet type thing as a going away gift -- and then I left to go to the DIS farewell party thing. Met up with Anna and Caitlin and eventually Kathryn, and we stayed there for awhile, and it was pretty fun, but then we decided to leave to go to Vega. Anna ended up just going home, so we said our goodbyes as we went to different bus stops. Then Kathryn, Caitlin, and I got to Vega and waited in line for a pretty long time (ended up not getting in before 1, so we had to pay, but we wanted to go, so), and then stayed there and danced to the the techno-DJ tunes for a while, and eventually figured out the roundabout routes we needed to take home. We also made our goodbyes at RÄdhuspladsen as we went our separate ways for night buses!

I finally made it home around 4, and there was already sunlight on the horizon.

Today it's rainy and gross and I've just been packing away. I'm getting to the point where most of the stuff I have left to pack is the annoying toiletries/small item stage. Grr.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment